ActiveXperts Network Monitor 2015 SNMP Trap monitoring
Figure 1: ActiveXperts Network Monitor SNMP Trap receiver
ActiveXperts solution to handle incoming SNMP Traps
The SNMP Trap Receive check listens for real-time network traps for processing.
An SNMP Trap Receive check works different than other checks in Network Monitor: the SNMP Trap Receive check is event-driven. The check is not executed at timed intervals,
but is triggered as soon as a new trap is received. As a result, you cannot specify a time interval for SNMP Trap Receive checks.
An SNMP Trap Receive check requires the following parameters:
- Accept from Host - Hostname or IP address of the server/device to monitor;
- SNMP Community - Community name used for SNMP trap exchange;
- Accept OID - The Object ID to receive. This can be a numeric OID or a symbolic OID. Type '*' to check for any OID;
- Select a symbolic OID from a MIB file - Use this button to select an alpha-numeric OID from a MIB file. You can use virtually any 3rd-party MIB file;
- Receive OID Data Type - The expected OID Data type. The following type are valid data types: Bit Stream, Counter, Integer, IP address, Object Identifier, Opaque String, String, Time Ticks and Unsigned Integer;
- Match OID Value - To check the OID data for specific value(s), enable this check box and configure the conditions in the same way and for the 'SNMP GET' check.