Windows VBScript Task monitoring
Figure 1: ActiveXperts Network Monitor VBScript Check
ActiveXperts solution to monitor Windows using VBScript
ActiveXperts Network Monitor provides a programming interface to IT administrators. VBScript is the standard scripting language in ActiveXperts Network Monitor product.
VBScript is the most popular scripting language in Windows environments.
A VBScript check requires the following parameters:
- File - Name of the VBScript file. The script should contain a function as specified in the Function name field. This function should return True (-1) on success, False (0) on error or Unknown (1) in case the results is not known;
- Function - The function that should be called by ActiveXperts Network Monitor. This function should return True (-1) on success, False (0) on error or Unknown (1) in case the result is not known;
- Parameter1 - 1st argument of the function;
- Parameter2 - 2nd argument of the function;
- Parameter3 - 3rd argument of the function;
- Parameter4 - 4th argument of the function;
- Parameter5 - 5th argument of the function;
- Parameter6 - 6th argument of the function;
- Advanced Settings:Timeout - You can specify a timeout for a VBScript check. If the script takes longer than the timeout (in seconds), the function is aborted and an 'Unknown' result is reported. By default, there's no timeout used;
- Advanced Settings:Block script after a bad operation - If a script crashes, for instance because of bad programming, you can block the script so that it will be executed the next time. By default, this option is enabled.